The clouds were racing to meet their opposite, the cloudless, to perhaps make rain or at least to change the weather. I watched them as I was washing the dishes and the following dawned on me:
Opposites attract so that they can come together, sometimes very briefly, to create something new. Then the something new is attracted to its opposite so that they can come together and create something new and then the cycles begins and continues over and over again for eternity. In Unity, Charles Fillmore created the theory that like mindedness attracts itself: what is held in mind produces after its kind. This is also known as the Law of Attraction. I do not agree that this is creative in the sense of the something having the ability to infinitely create. There is a finiteness, or only a certain number of possibilities, that the like mindedness can go reach before it has to look for something different, or even opposite, in order to continuously create.
Perhaps, this is the way the current universe began: a giant inhale and exhale of opposites. Our universe is not expanding so much as it is is constantly changing into something new.
More to come on this subject as I meditate on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment