Just when I think that my life is in turmoil and full of chaos complicated by a lack of money, the Universe sends me signs that my life is so easy and that I have it made. One of my colleagues at work is not having a very good time thanks to lost keys and credit card fraud. And I thought that having to get my and the kids' stuff made and turned into the Ozark Empire Fair on time was hard. Give me family chaos any day. And oh man, is it hot and muggy! It rained yesterday morning and instead of cooling us off, it only felt even more oppressive. Yuck.
So I went ahead and casted on the February Lady Sweater even though I have at least 4 other sweaters on the needles. I am at the point where I have separated the sleeves from the body and am now knitting back and forth on the body-- woo hoo! I take it everywhere with me to work on. Monday, I had it with me when my son took his learner's permit test. I knitted on it last night, while in church listening to Sue talk about friends in her Wednesday night lesson.
I am changing up of the sweaters that I had started last year--the Tuscon Twist. I was knitting it in a dark navy and I am now going to rip it out and work that pattern in a soft sage green that I have in my stash. I think that the stitch design will show up better in the lighter color.
Which means that I now have some navy yarn to knot up. I am thinking about an Aran style with shoulder saddles. If I get my act together, then I may be able to sell the pattern.
Note to self: I am a d&*n good knitwear designer and I intend that I sell these designs and making a living from designing.
No comments:
Post a Comment