Monday, August 4, 2008

Late Summer Sports and Knitting

Are you ready for some Football? I was and so I watched the first game last night.

And now I am getting ready for the Olympics. My day job is being the department secretary/administrative assistant for the swimming, softball, and volleyball coaches at a large university. Our softball coaches headed a team that played Team USA in one of their exhibition/warm-up games. It was bittersweet game since that event was eliminated for future Olympic games. Of course the buzz in the swimming department is all about Phelps. And then there is the Volleyball team. I am sure that for the next two weeks, the office will be alive with chatter until the coaches settled down and get ready for our own regular season which starts very soon.

I am participating in the Ravelympic 2008. My two events are the WIPS Wrestling and the Vest Vault. I am finishing up the Oblique cardigan that was supposed to be the Ample Knitters KAL for January(!). For the Vest Vault, I will be making the Cheltenham Pullover Vest by Michele Wyman in a pretty berry color in Plymouth Encore. I have already swatched (trained) and am ready for Friday, August 8th.

Also, I am training in Quantum Touch every evening but Wednesday from 6:30 pm to 9:30pm. I am one busy, busy woman.

No comments:

Look At What's In My Store!