Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Slow Down Knit-Designers!

I was perusing the internet the other day, in the effort of finding new ideas for cardigans. I love to make cardis and cardi vests. I found a pattern posted on one woman's blog that looked interesting until I began to read her pattern and then it became tedious. Oh boy, was this a poorly written pattern! The designer was confused about what was a row and what was a stitch in the chart. The chart was a 17 stitch , 14 row chart, but she kept writing about decreasing the 17th row. What?! Please, please, please designers, slow down, drink decaf and actually read what you have written before putting the pattern out for all to see and to try to knit. When you make such little mistakes, we knitters trying to knit your pattern, are not sure that we can trust the rest of the pattern after having found the first problem. And then we experience a little fear in the pit of our stomachs that all this time and effort will be for naught/knots and we will be frogging.

Of course, there is not one person in the world who has not made a mistake in her life. Okay, I am over it.

No comments:

Look At What's In My Store!