Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Possibility Junction

I have been experiencing some big changes in my life lately.

Earlier in the year, and repeating the words several times afterward, I had expressed to my higher self that I wanted to make a living from my knitting. I left it rather open as to what exactly that meant and the Universe responded with abundance.

A good friend of mine from church has a blind mother who is as sweet as can be. She has trouble putting on socks that match in color and with the heel on the correct side of her foot. So, he asked me to knit up some tube socks for his mother in white. I told him that he would have to buy the yarn and then I would knit them up for him. He gave the yarn Sunday so that I could get started on them. I am making them toe-up so that I can get them the length that she desires.

Last week was hell week for me at work and I fell into a dark depression that left me walking around in a surreal world.

I took off Thursday and Friday, which was a great idea not in the least just to distance myself from work. In the cold rain, I went over to the new yarn shop in town and even though we had already discussed my teaching at the shop, I showed interest in being more than the teacher. I wanted to work there part-time as well.

I met with the owner and her manager after church Sunday to discuss the classes, and then I got a call on Monday from the owner who said that she wanted to hire me part-time as well as teach at her shop.

So, I start working and teaching at the shop in April and will be leaving my current job at the end of May. I did not get much sleep last night because I was so excited.

No comments:

Look At What's In My Store!