I cannot believe that I got my first paycheck from doing what I love to do--knit!!! If this isn't heaven, then I don't know what heaven really is.
I am knitting up the Tie Front Shrug that we will be knitting along on Mondays at A New Yarn. Mine is made from Debbie Bliss's Prima in a gorgeous deep teal color that bleeds all over my fingers and knitting needles. Note to the manufacturer: please rinse your yarns after dying them so that they don't bleed on the knitter and her tools!
Anyway, the shrug is really a cropped cardigan with ties knitted into the fronts. It is not a true shrug in the least. When I think of a shrug, I think of the long knitted sleeves that have been folded in half length-wise and then seamed up to where the arm hole is. What I am knitting has five pieces to it and it must be sewn up as any other cardigan. I can't wait to get it knitted up, soaked in vinegar to stop the bleeding, and wear it! I will post pics as I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment