I am not going very far from home this Memorial Day. Gas prices are just too high to justify a trip anywhere but across town. So, how will I remember those who have died for our sins/wars? Side note: Yeah, war is wrong or at least starting a war is wrong. In our past, the nation has been on the defensive despite two H-bombs on innocent civilians, plants, and animals. Men (and yes, I mean men as opposed to women) use war and the fear of war to control people. What would happen if women ruled the world? I know of a study that shows that when women are in control of money and resources, they distribute them in a way that those who need them most get the money and resources. Whereas, men hoard, bribe, and sell at a profit what they can disregarding the needs of others. Hmm. What would happen if a woman became President? I think that she would be under the same tacit (mostly tacit) pressure and control as a male president is and so, unless she is the one who makes sweeping changes, nothing much would be different. There are those who believe that the major change that they believe is going to befall the planet on December 21, 2012 is the change from masculine/male dominated beliefs and culture (back) to a feminine/female dominated way of acting and thus a new standard of culture. We can only hope that this would be the case. Perception of reality has changed enormously in the past 30 years or so. Would you have thought twice about throwing trash out of the car window on your way to work back 30 years ago? Now, of course, we think that this is wrong.
Anyway, Springfield is the site of a National Cemetery and has a service Monday at 10am. That's where we'll be. Plus, we will be casually talking with our kids about what Memorial Day means and we'll set an extra place at the table in honor of those dearly departed.
OKC:
I am knitting away on socks, but as soon as I finish up one pair, more sock yarn comes into my possession. Is the Universe telling me that It prefers that I have a particular amount of sock yarn all of the time? Hmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment