Oh it was hard getting up this morning. I had to get the kids to two different schools by 7am. That task would not have bad, but last night for one and a half hours, from 12:30am to 2am, I was glued to the TV because of tornado warnings. So, I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open today. Coffee--please, someone make a pot of coffee.
William's birthday was Monday. As we were pulling into the parking lot of the restaurant for his big dinner, the car died. Our 2006 Impala SS was at the service department of the dealership last week for a noise. But I was dismissed and so the serpentine belt and tensioner are shot. I told them it was the belt. I was right. They are paying for it.
There is a philosophy that asks, "Do you want to be right, or do you want to be happy?" I am rolling that question around in my head. My first response is, "Why can't I be both at the dame time?" I recently bought, Hsin-Hsin Ming, or Verses on the Faith-Mind by Seng Ts'an or Sosan. It is a Zen tract about the nature of the Dao/Tao/The Way. I love reading old tracts describing Buddhism. As an historian, I have the urge to read what the masters wrote and not what someone else thinks that the masters wrote or meant.
My part of the Dao is very tired today, but will perk up and feel better soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment