I was looking for some 100% wool yarn to knit into felted mice for the girls' birthday presents (the kittens turned 2 years old Saturday) last Friday and I found an old unfinished cotton sweater that I had forgotten about. I pulled it out and decided to finish it, after having found the wool for the mice.
Then I remember why it was put aside. The cotton is heavy worsted weight and it hurts my hands to knit on it. Fortunately, the sweater is half way done and will be short sleeved. The hem is done in "Bear Tracks" from the fabulous knitting crone, Barbara Walker. It is striped with purple, lime, lavender, and variegated. Photos to follow--I promise. I will work on it anyway because I can always use a pretty cotton top to wear to church and to work where at both places, it gets chilly in the summer.
The felted, catnip filled mice came out great, but Princess Mama cat took over one of them, so I made her one, too. They are so quick and easy. I got the pattern from Kitty Knits. The girls also got their own can of Fancy Feast food complete with candles thanks to my daughter. They also got a crinkly, shiny cat toy ball. They were not impressed by those.
I was sitting in my living room, watching TV the other day, when I noticed that there was a dent in one of the baskets holding yarn. Wow! I am making headway in my New Year's Resolution (my NYR) to use up what I have before buying anymore yarn. I have bought so much yarn "kitted" it up with patterns, but then put them aside, that I forget what all I do have. I used to have a shelf that held the bagged "kits," but my daughter came along and needed a place to sleep and play that I gave up that room. Husband put most of my yarn and art supplies out in the garage. But out of sight, out of mind is what happened.
This week Husband is going through the garage in hopes of cleaning it out, rearranging, and throwing away in preparation for a new house. I may be able to get to my yarns and see what is salvageable and what is not. I have a lot of "kits" out there dying for me to get to. I can't wait to see what I have in my very own "store."
No comments:
Post a Comment