Thursday, June 26, 2008

Non-Fat Latte Socks

Non-fat Latte socks are for the Ravelry.com's Sock Knitters Anonymous Sockdown:June 08 challenge (design your own). It is a toe-up, short row heel, patterned leg, simple cuff sock. Photos to follow.

The yarn that I am using is Cleckheaton's Baby Cocoon. I love just about every yarn that Cleckheaton has put out. Even though Baby Cocoon is really a baby yarn, it is a superwash merino wool and nylon blend fingering weight yarn which makes it perfect for socks. It was also cheaper than conventional sock yarn with just slightly less put up (177 yds).

I named them Non-fat Latte because that it the color of the yarn--a soft taupe. I love that color as a neutral--not too brown and not too creamy.

It has been hard to go out in the evening and sit on the porch to knit. I miss Old Man and the mosquitoes are in full force. Spot sits with me, sprawled out on the table with the skeeters circling him and me. It is time to buy citronella candles and fill the torches with the oil.


Back to knitting.

No comments:

Look At What's In My Store!