I am so abundant in knitting projects that I will live forever in order to complete them all. Which is very nice for me, since I want to live forever. The woman who dies with the most stash was not knitting very much while she was alive.
So, I am knitting up a pair of housesocks out of Dark Horse Yarns "Fantasy." It is a 50/50 acrylic and nylon worsted weight. The socks are grey with a maroon heels and toes. I am knitting them on size 6 DPNs that I bought from Hobby Lobby. The needles are so fun--green and yellow swirls inside a clear acrlyic. And the price was great, too--less than $4 for a set of 5. I can't wait to wear them this fall.
I also am working on a shawl made from Brown Sheep's worsted weight Nature Spun in cream/natural and K1C2 Parfait Solids in berry. The stripe is made using the Fibonacci sequence at the beginning of the shawl and I will repeat it at the end of the shawl. This is supposed to be done in time to be put in the monthly contest at She's Crafty, but I may not get it done in time. Which is fine, because I have been wanting to make this up anyway.
Another project that I am working on is the Shawl Collared Cardigan from chunky weight Marble that my mother in law bought me while she was in California. She bought 10 balls of this yarn in two different colors and I love its softness. It will be a great fall and spring cardigan.
Which leads me to the weather. It has been averaging about 10 degrees cooler than normal and very rainy for July. Global Warming/Warning anyone? Ice and snow for this winter? Hmm.. stay tuned for mor (like in the winter when I report the crazy weather has not changed).
Well, back to knitting. And the kitten is doing well, too. Her name is Hera . . . I believe that a strong name helps a kitten to thrive.
No comments:
Post a Comment