I was at a Knit Together last Friday (4/11/08). While there I was inspired to finish up some pillows that I had knitted over two years ago. These poor pillow tops were rolled up and sitting on one of my shelves waiting patiently for me to become inspired to finish them and then use them. At the Knit Together, I sat on an outdoor love seat that had been painted pink, my favorite color, with three darling little pillows behind me. No, they really didn't support my back, but they reminded me that I should get out those two pillow tops that had been patiently waiting for me.
The next morning, I got up, had breakfast and sewed up two pillows from some fabric that had also been patiently waiting for me to realize that they wanted to team up with the pillow tops. The pillow tops were knitted so that when they are hand-sewn onto the fabric pillow, then there would be a flange on all sides. Oh, they are so pretty. The cats especially appreciate the pillows.
The pillow tops are knitted using the Shadow Knitting technique and the instructions are from the Vivan Hoxbro book of the same name. I made both the "X" design and the "+" design. Photos are soon to follow on the blog.
That's a whole other topic to write about--taking digital photos so that one can actually see what the photo is of.
No comments:
Post a Comment