Where was I in March? We broke the records for the wettest February and March, so I was building my ark. It was hard convincing all the cats to get in until the mice and birds went in first. The kids, of course, fought over which bedroom they were getting. I chose the bedroom with the windows. I still haven't got the knack of cooking over a pot-belly stove, though.
Now I am back into the knit of things and have three socks on the needles and one in the wings ready and waiting. I am really working hard on that New Year's Resolution to get those socks knitted up this year. But I bought two more sock yarns this weekend. I quickly found patterns for them, though, so I am still on track. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
I have come to the conclusion as Lazlo did in Real Genius that I need/want/deserve certain material things to make my life more comfortable. So, I went out and bought five low cut tops, one pink Spring jacket, and three pants this past weekend. I also got my haircut really short. Okay, so for some that is not a big deal. But for me to spend money on myself (even yarn money sometimes), it is a big deal. Especially the low-cut tops. I have an ample bosom and I have always been modest about my boobs. Well not anymore. I am a fearless knitter and boob clothier. I will not be afraid of my boobs anymore. They are a part of me and I like having something to fill a bra.
No comments:
Post a Comment